Careers and Work-Related Learning
Challenge – Grow – Shine
Chapel Green School is a supportive, challenging and happy learning environment. ALL individuals are respected and encouraged to reach their full potential, enabling them as equal citizens to participate in and contribute to the local community. Careers and work-related learning are intrinsic parts in supporting our pupils to move into adult life with suitable skills, an appropriate level of independence, ethics and understanding.
Our careers programme is bespoke to our school, but we aim to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks as well as the needs of all of our pupils.
Ways we aim to support our pupils and parents
- Parents’ evenings where post-CGS providers will be available.
- Regular experiences and encounters with local employers and employees.
- Volunteers to the school share their skills and support us with enterprise projects. For example, Brian has been sharing his extensive knowledge in helping the Post 16 department to make bird boxes.
- Our first Enterprise Encounters day was held on Tuesday 12th November 2019.
- Work experience at our school shop and other local businesses, where suitable
- Our school charity shop offers work experience to a variety of pupils in secondary and sixth form. Here, the pupils learn integral retail skills in addition to practising communication, problem solving, and independence, as well as feeling valued as part of a team.
- We also have pupils who take part in work experience in Myhills and PACT. Here, they learn, apply, consolidate and refine skills in retail and animal care.
- We are working towards offering all pupils two meetings with a qualified careers adviser in secondary and an additional one during sixth form.
- Visits to post-CGS provision during their time in Post 16. For example, City College Norwich, the Hamlet Centre, SENSE, Easton and Otley College, College of West Anglia.
- Annual review meetings where future provision can be discussed.
Our Careers Leader is Vicki Bell, who can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, please contact the school office on 01953 453116.
Our Careers link governor is Dr Leslie Cooper.